BEST INTERVIEW

by Mayur | 9:10 PM in |





One of the best interviews!!!

Interviewer: Tell me about yourself.

Candidate: I am SAMEER GUPTA. I did my Tele Communication engineering from

BabanRao Dhole-Patil Institute of Technology.

Interviewer: BabanRao Dhole-Patil Institute of Technology? I had never heard

of this college before!

Candidate: Great! Even I had not heard of it before getting an admission

into it . What happened is - due to cricket world cup I scored badly! in 12th.I

was getting a paid seat in a good college. But my father said (I prefer to

call him 'baap') - "I can not invest so much of money".(The baap actually said

- "I will never waste so much of money on you"). So I had to join this

college. Frankly speaking this name - BabanRao Dhole-Patil, can at the most be

related to a Shetakari Mahavidyalaya.

Interviewer: ok, ok. It seems you have taken 6 years to complete your

engineering.

Candidate: Actually I tried my best to finish it in 4 years. But you

know, these cricket matches and football world cup, and tennis

tournaments. It is difficult to concentrate. So I flunked in 2nd and

3rd year. So in all I took 4 + 2 = 7 years.

Interviewer: But 4+2 is 6.

Candidate: Oh, is it? You know I always had KT in maths. But I will try

to keep this in mind. 4+2 is 6, good, thanks. These cricket matches

really affect exams a lot. I think they should ban it.

Interviewer: Good to know that you want cricket matches to be banned.

Candidate: No, no... I am talking about Exams!!

Interviewer: Ok, What is your biggest achievement in life?

Candidate: Obviously, completing my Engineering. My mom never thought I

would complete it. In fact, when i flunked in 3rd year, she was looking for a job

for me in BEST (Bus corporation in Maharashtra) through some relative.

Interviewer: Do you have any plans of higher study?

Candidate: he he he.. Are you kidding? Completing 'lower' education

itself was so much of pain!!

Interviewer: Let's talk about technical stuff. On which platforms have

you worked? Candidate: Well, I work at SEEPZ, so you can say Andheri is my current

platform. Earlier I was at Vashi center. So Vashi was my platform then. As you can

see I have experience of different platforms! (Vashi and Andheri are the

places in Mumbai)

Interviewer: And which languages have you used?

Candidate: Marathi, Hindi, English. By the way, I can keep quiet in

German, French, Russian and many other languages.

Interviewer: Why VC is better than VB?

Candidate: It is a common sense - C comes after B. So VC is a higher

version than VB. I heard very soon they are coming up with a new

language VD!

Interviewer: Do you know anything about Assembly Language?

Candidate: Well, I have not heard of it. But I guess, this is the

language our ministers and MPs use in assembly.

Interviewer: What is your general project experience?

Candidate: My general experience about projects is - most of the times

they are in pipeline!

Interviewer: Can you tell me about your current job?

Candidate: Sure, Currently I am working for Bata InfoTech ltd. Since

joining BIL, I am on Bench. Before joining BIL, I used to think that

Bench was another software like Windows.

Interviewer: Do you have any project management experience?

Candidate: No, but I guess it shouldn't be difficult. I know Word and

Excel. I can talk a lot. I know how to dial for International phone call

and use speaker facility. And very important - I know few words like -

'Showstoppers ' , 'hotfixes',

'SEI-CMM','quality','versioncontrol','deadlines' , 'Customer

Satisfaction' etc. Also I can blame others for my mistakes!

Interviewer: What are your expectations from our company?

Candidate: Not much.

1. I should at least get 40,000 in hand.

2. I would like to work on a live EJB project. But it should not have

deadlines. I personally feel that pressure affects natural talent.

3. I believe in flexi-timings.

4. Dress code is against basic freedom, so I

would like to wear t-shirt and jeans.

5. We must have sat-sun off. I will suggest Wednesday off also, so as to

avoid breakdown due to overwork.

6. I would like to go abroad 3 times a year on short term

preferably 2-4 months) assignments. Personally I prefer US, Australia and

Europe. But considering the fact that there is a world cup in West Indies in

2007, I don't mind going there in that period. As you can see I am modest and

don't have many expectations. So can I assume my selection?

Interviewer: he he he ha ha ha. Thanks for your interest in our

organization. In fact I was never entertained so much before. Welcome to

INFOSYS .. :-))

No intention to offend anybody..


Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

0 comments:


More from Web

Translator

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Share It

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Tell a Friend

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Bookmark and Share

Labels Cloud

Amazing (177) Celebrities (60) Crazy Pictures (231) Creativity (71) Entertainment (72) Humor (10) Information (19) Jokes (88) Luxury (10) Softwares (5) Stories (20) Videos (514) Web Design (5) Weird Stuff (26)

Blog Archive

Followers